Using your iPad with Elgato Game Capture HD is easy, after a few minutes of setup:
1) Connect your iPad to Elgato Game Capture HD via the HDMI In port. You can use a HDMI cable, and Apple Digital AV Adapter that is attached to your iPad.
2) Connect your TV to the HDMI Out
port of Elgato Game Capture HD
using a HDMI
3) If necessary, choose HDMI input for your TV or Display.
4) Connect Elgato Game Capture HD to your Mac or PC using the supplied USB cable.
Power on your iPad. Note: you may see a message "This Accessory is Not
Supported" if you are using the older version of the Apple Digital AV Adapter. Tap OK to dismiss this message.
7) Launch the Elgato Game Capture HD application.
8) Click Settings, select iPad for Input Device, and HDMI for Input.